- The XUV300 1.5-litre diesel engine will soon be offered with a 6-speed AMT.
- AMT option is supposed to be limited to the top-spec W8 (O) diesel variant of the SUV.
- Mahindra could charge a premium of Rs 60,000 to 70,000 over the manual.
- The upcoming, more powerful petrol XUV300 will also get AMT option too.
- All of its rivals already offer an automatic option.
Mahindra’s latest entrant in the sub-4 metre SUV category XUV300 was launched four months ago and impressed customers with its fun to drive nature. Compared to its rivals, the only thing missing on the XUV300 was an automatic gearbox option.
However, that is all set to change as Mahindra is introducing an AMT gearbox option exclusively for the diesel variant, sourced from Magneti Marelli.
In coming months XUV300 will get a more powerful T-GDI (turbocharged gasoline direct injection) 1.2-litre petrol engine option. It will develop more power and torque than the existing MPFI (multi-point fuel injection) engine. The more powerful 1.2 turbo petrol which will be BS6-compliant from day one will also have an optional AMT transmission along with the 6-speed manual unit.
FOLLOW US ON OUR SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES FOR ALL UPDATES ON INDIAN AUTO INDUSTRY
ALL LINKS ARE GIVEN BELOW & TOP OF THE WEBSITE.