MG Motor is calling the #Hector as India’s first “Internet Car” & “Future of Cars”
Features Technology from MICROSOFT, ADOBE, UNLIMIT, SAP, CISCO, GAANA, TOMTOM and NUANCE.
- Industry sources say this technology was developed about 3 years ago between Chinese tech giant Alibaba and SAIC
- The Hector is expected to cost Rs17-20 lakh
- ‘Hello MG’, the voice assist technology allows over 100 commands, including opening and closing of windows and sun roof, AC control and navigation and is built to work even under poor connectivity.
Here are detailed explanation of some features…
10.4” Touch unit
– The brain of the iSMART Next Gen will be housed in a 10.4” Head Unit.
– The screen is designed with a vertical interface that allows the driver to control the entire car system with just a touch or voice command.
– The Head Unit is built to withstand extreme climatic conditions of India. It comes pre-loaded with entertainment content.
– MG Hector iSMART Next Gen comes with an industry first embedded 5G sim that ensures that the car remains connected.
– The customized solution has been developed by Unlimit in partnership with Cisco and Airtel. The connected mobility solution on the MG Hector is Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPV6) ready for 5G
– Users to receive real-time software, entertainment content and application updates.
– Customers will be able to download the software updates immediately or schedule them for later, as in smartphones.
– Over The Air (OTA) technology to cars. The OTA feature would be standard in all MG cars enabled with iSMART Next Gen for connected mobility.
-This is the most-talked about feature of the MG Hector.
-Voice Assist is a voice application that works on the cloud and head unit.
-Developed by Nuance for MG India, it has been specifically designed for India for Indian accent learning.
web applications: TomTom navigation, Gaana, AccuWeather
– TomTom’s real time navigation application. This automobile navigation player has over 600 million vehicles under their platform. This navigation system would regularly update maps, routes and locations through their IQ Maps feature.
– Pre-loaded Gaana app with Premium Account to access music
– Accuweather to access weather forecasts.
-The iSMART Next Gen is supported by the iSMART mobile App.
-The car gets scanned each time the App is opened, and information includes location of car, tyre pressure, or if the doors are locked or not. – Owner can use the remote app to directly lock or unlock doors, turn on ignition and switch on the air-conditioner.
– With the help of these features, owners can schedule a service and keep track of service history.
Customer management service centre
– MG’s Pulse Hub, a customer management service centre, will enable eCall emergency response in all MG cars.
– For example if a car’s airbags are deployed under an emergency condition, automatic messages are sent to the Pulse Hub and the registered phones along with a series of emergency response actions that get activated instantly.
– MG hector also offers an industry first iCall.
– With just a touch on the Screen, driver is connected to Pulse Hub for a host of information services
- MG Hector launch confirmed For May-June 2019.
- Booking starts from May 1st Week.
- Will be a connected SUV with its own Android-based OS.
- Will get both petrol and diesel engine options.
- Prices expected to start from Rs 17 lakh.
Report By: Bharat Falswal